Friday, November 2, 2007

Happy Halloween!!


I wish that I could take credit for this awesome show of Halloween festiveness (is that a word?) but the creative genius behind over 40 personally carved pumpkins is our neighbor John Hunter. When I arrived home from Tyler's Halloween school party I saw John still carving. After seeing how many pumpkins he had carved, I jokingly said, "What, did you take the day off of work for this or what?" He did.
I stole this picture from Jessica You really do have to click on it just to he how neat it was!


Not only did he carve them, but later that night, he set some on fire, and put flares in others...

The pictures don't do it justice!! Great job Hunter's!!




Our costumes this year are the same as every year, just a different kid in them!



Trevor is the lucky one, he is so tall that he is the only one that doesn't fit in any costumes from the year before. This year he was a tamed down vampire. I don't like the yucky, evil costumes. So, he is wearing his church clothes and a cape. He is a nice church going guy by day, not so mean vampire by night. I even made him smile for the picture.



Brandon is a convict. Notice the blue sweatshirt UNDER the costume. Hey, it's cold here! He looks like a convict ready for a fight. And a shave!





Tyler is Harry Potter. He also has about 3 layers UNDER the costume! You can't see it in the picture, but the fire was on. It looked really neat when I took it, like he lit the fire with his wand. Now, it just looks like Harry is pointing at the fireplace. Oh well...



Nathan was of course, Tigger. He loved Halloween and really got into it this year. When people would say, "Oh, look, it's Tigger!" He would reply, "It's just a costume." Hey, he just wanted to be honest in his dealings...


This is Nathan with his playgroup friends.




Tyler at his class Halloween party.




Nathan was not shy this year about trick or treating. He was very complimentary to those handing out candy. By telling some boys, "Great costume!" (They were in their pajamas.) And saying, "That girl was really cute!" when he was a couple of feet from her. He is 4 and is already noticing girls that are cute...Oh no.


Here's the crew. After an exhausting night and walking around begging for candy, we took this picture. If I knew that I looked like a stay puff marshmallow in that jacket, I would have opted to just be cold! I guess at least I have the beastly photo for posterity...gotta look on the bright side!



Is this a ridiculous amount of candy or what! My kids are going to be in a sugar coma for sure!! And right next to them, their sugar-addicted parents!



This is what we all feel like after eating all this candy!! (Once, again this was a John Hunter pumpkin)



Well, I think that just about sums it all up! We had a really fun and exhausting night. Good thing it only comes around once a year!!

8 comments:

Ilene said...

Hmmm. Maybe the Hunters stole our pumpkins to add to their loot. We came home this weekend to find my two "decorative" (aka uncarved) pumpkins stolen as well as the pumpkin that I carved gone from our porch (well, I can't blame them for taking my pumpkin, it was pretty fantastic).

Glad you guys had a great Halloween!

D-dawg said...

WOW you guys got so much candy. I'm so happy for you! Love the barfing pumpkin too. You are so creative with the pumpkins!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I finally found Kristi's blog and then linked to you. How fun. Your kids look so cute and so big! It is always a bummer when Halloween is so cold because their costumes sometimes get covered up. It looks like it was still a success!

shauna said...

Loved the pumpkins. I didn't catch the spelled out ones on the porch on Jessicas. I wonder if the guy grew his own, I can't imagine the bill if he bought them. Hope he knows how to dispose of them, that could be pretty SCARY come garbage day!!!

Penny said...

Ilene, I saw your carved pumpkin and it WAS fantastic! I should have stolen it!

And no John Hunter did not grow his own pumpkins, but I think he had to take a second out on his house just to pay for them all!!
They were awesome!

Jessica said...

I don't think we saw you guys at all, so thanks for the update.

Anonymous said...

I told dad we'd only have a few t o ters. He bought enuf for 72. We had 12. Last year 5. Think his diet may have influenced the purchase?
Wish we were there!!!! Cute pumpkins, cuter!!!kids. I wanted to see the pumpkin that was stolen.
What about this crime free environment you lured us there for? I think there must be a suspect in the neighborhood. Somebody set a trap. Can't wait to see you guys next week!!! Cute blog. Also enjoy reading the comments.

Cathy L. said...

Hi Penny!

I have loved seeing all the pictures of your family. I can't beleive how big everyone is. Where did the time go? You all look great. I will check back often. This is so fun!!

Cathy Lillian