Saturday, December 29, 2007

Giving Thanks, Even if it's Late!

I know that we just had Christmas and I should be blogging about what a wonderful Christmas we had. And we did, but we have been really busy, and have a slow computer (seriously, does it take everyone else 5-7 minutes to upload a picture? Maybe I could blog more often if one post didn't take 2 hours!) . So, first I need to blog about the nice Thanksgiving we had...



My parents came to visit and we had lots of fun. We played games...

And apparently we like to choke each other while playing games, MOM!




My mom and I made applesauce.


Tyler and Nathan always try to see if they can last through my dad tickling them to death.

The reward.... $1.00
Well earned, I might add



Nathan always wanted Noni and Papa to put him to bed. Complete with a "race" up the stairs and all his OCD bed time rituals. Thank heavens someone else got to do it for a few days!




We had our yummy Thanksgiving dinner.




One small (literally) problem: The Rhodes rolls. I guess I should have followed Celia's advice and used a heating pad to make them rise. Because mine rose and then fell like a ton of bricks. More like the ton of bricks fell directly on the rolls.





We decided to poke holes in the first batch and brush them with olive oil and garlic and call them "Italian flat bread". Then we made a second batch that actually turned out right. Of course we pretended that we meant to have the flat bread and that I wasn't just a moron! I don't think anyone was fooled.


We are so thankful for all that we are blessed with, especially family!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quit calling my beautful daughter a moron! (imagine scowling face here) Apparently no one is safe from your prying, blogging camera eye. Little did I know that wearing my pajama bottoms to Thanksgiving dinner would be featured on your blog. Next I'll be appearing on you-tube. At least they matched my top, not that it looks that way in the picture. By the way, all of you viewers, you do realize the camera puts 10 pounds on you? Several people were photographing us. Actually we all weigh 90 pounds soaking wet. It WAS a very merry Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

And the applesauce was great. Thank you DaraLee for turning Penny into Molly Mormon. She showed ME how to make applesauce. I also learned the RITE-AID secret and am looking forward to learning many other handy homemaking tips including gardening through Penny, via Daralee.(since I don't know the spelling of Darralee, I am using alternative styles). Your mom must be really proud of you, Darra Leigh. Fortunately I taught Penny many other handy skills. Did I Penny? What are they? Name one! As you can see by a previous blog, Penny has not yet mastered the art of vegetable gardening. Check out her lettuce crop. More work to do there Darraw Liu.

Ilene said...

Just glad to have you back on the blogging wagon. You were missed.

Fun Thanksgiving, even if the rolls didn't cooperate. Glad they figured it out the second time around.

Hollyween said...

Can I have some applesauce? Pullleeease?

You're not the only one who can't do Rhoades. Do you have a cold house? I did some and rose them OVERNIGHT in the baby's room where there's a space heater and they finally turned out beautifully.

But Celia's heating pad idea is a totally good one, no?

Jessica said...

You really need to post more, because you are funny.

And Seth is getting OCD about bedtime...is it a baby of the family thing?

Penny said...

That was one thing that I purposely left out! But since you have now outted yourself and all of us... We were ALL wearing pajama bottoms for Thanksgiving!! It was the most comfortable dinner EVER! Jerry and Barbara call comfy pants to eat in "buffet pants!"

The Fowers Family Website said...

Penny,

Loved catching up with your family! You are more beautiful than ever!

Danielle

rawemoments said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun, hey, you need to show me how to make applesauce next time I visit, yum!

Love you lots!

Celia Fae said...

Is it safe to say that your dad's hair is awesome? Just delete me if it isn't.

Your girls trip (complete with newborn) looks so fun. Thanks for all of the pictures. I hope you don't get a certain disease from that delicious looking dessert.