Tuesday, February 5, 2008

It's GREAT to be eight!!


This was a very exciting weekend for Tyler. He was baptized on February 2, 2008. Tyler's dad, Todd was the one to baptize him. I am so grateful for a wonderful husband who is a worthy Priesthood holder, so that he is able to do these special things for our children.






It was a very special day for all of us. My parents flew down from California and were even a part of the program. It was really neat having them here.




What baptism would be complete without a little "Thumb-War" with Brother Yost?! He is a member of the Bishopric and our hometeacher. He's awesome and we all love him!




After the baptism we came home and had pizza in our jammies and watched "Game Plan".
Tyler got a special baptism gift from us and Noni & Papa... New Scriptures and a tote.






Very exciting!! He even got to sing "Scripture Power" at church the next day. I love that song!


Tyler is a very special boy. And we are so proud of him and the wonderful
decision he made to be baptized!
Congratulations Tyler!!

4 comments:

Ilene said...

Oh, he got the GOOD scriptures. I had to turn 18 before getting those. Obviously I was not as righteous as Tyler.

Congrats on another parental milestone!

rawemoments said...

What a wonderful and special day for your family. We are so proud of Tyler and cannot wait to see him this summer and give him a big hug. I wish we were there to join in the celebrations.

We love and miss you tons!

jessica said...

I am so sorry we couldn't be there. We had family over and I'm so sad I missed it.

Congratulations to you! Tyler wouldn't have had that special day if it weren't for you...and Todd too I guess:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny, congrats on the baptism and sorry we missed it! Your blog is so cute, its so fun to see your boys thru mom's eyes...