Tuesday, February 26, 2008

True Friendship, None of That Sissy Crap



I got this as an email from a friend. I thought it was so cute, I had to blog about it!!
(I added the pictures for extra enjoyment!)


Are you tired of those sissy 'friendship' poems that always sound good,
But never actually come close to reality?


Well, here is a series of promises that actually speak of true friendship.
You will see no cutesy little smiley faces on this card-
Just the stone cold truth of our great friendship.



1. When you are sad -- I will jump on the person who made you sad
like a spider monkey.





2. When you are blue -- I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.




3. When you smile -- I will know you are plotting something that I must be involved in.






4. When you are scared -- I will rag on you about it every chance I get.




5. When you are worried -- I will tell you horrible stories about how much Worse it could be until you quit whining.





6. When you are confused -- I will use little words.




7. When you are sick -- Stay away from me until you are well again. I don't want
whatever you have.



8. When you fall -- I will point and laugh at your clumsiness.


9. This is my oath.... I pledge it to the end. 'Why?' you may ask;
'because you are my friend'.


Friendship is like peeing your pants,
everyone can see it,
But only you can feel the true warmth.

13 comments:

Paige said...

I agree, that is an apt description. Especially the peeing of the pants part.

jessica said...

I love this! It is so true...

BTW...I was so happy to see your new posts!

Elizabeth Caldwell said...

My sister sent this to me - and I couldn't agree more!

Ilene said...

Whew, not one of those sissy friend emails. Some people must love the cheese but not me. I like to eat cheese not read it.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
rawemoments said...

There's nothing like a best friend, I'm so glad that you are mine!

Love always!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Hansen Clan said...

I loved this! I seriously almost fell off of my chair while reading it. Thanks for the smile.

Celia Fae said...

Okay, that was great. Not too nasty but not very sweet. We can hang.

Thanks for your comment about supporting our high school students. I think you might be the only one who can truly relate to my future. I can't believe either one of us is this old.

My kid is actually excited to go to HS which makes me feel a little less anxious.

Anonymous said...

This is Brittany, by the way. I agree, since I enjoy peeing in my pants, I hope to have lots of friendships. I also hope that by agreeing with this blog, I get to be/look like one of the "friends" you posted at the top.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
rawemoments said...

"I love this post my dear Penny but I am ready for a new one too!" :0)

I meant to add a new post to my blog yesterday, I will try do it tonight!

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I love humor! I think my bestest friends really make me laugh to the core...gotta have laughter to survive!