Sunday, October 14, 2007

Fall Has Arrived.... The Sequel

Do you all remember the post about Fall arriving in Liberty Lake? Well, I wrote that I sometimes just have to take pictures of the beautiful colors, and that people probably think that I am a stalker...Well, see this picture of this beautiful red tree? Look way down in the left hand corner... See that girl there? Well, she DID think I was a stalker! I was pulling into the Whimsical Pig Apartments, and yes, you read that right, the Whimsical Pig. Anyways, as I was pulling into these apartments (my mother-in-law just moved in there) I pulled out my camera and snapped a shot of this tree and drove on. I never even saw this girl. As I pulled into a parking spot and got out of my car, I had some girl come up to me and ask if I just pulled into the apartments and took a picture. I said, "yes, why?" She asked me if I took a picture of her and her kids. I told her that I was just taking a picture of a tree, she said, "oh, that scared me, I thought you were taking a picture of me and my kids." Like I have nothing better than to drive around taking pictures of random people and their kids...If I want to take pictures of kids, I've got a whole house full of them, not to mention the 21 kids that live on our court. But thanks lady!

Then, if that wasn't enough, Thursday, Daralee called me on my cell phone. She said that she had just come by my house, that she was sorry that she missed me, she wanted to get my autograph. "What?" I thought, what is she talking about...She said that I was in the newspaper...Huh? For what? What did I do? Well, apparently I was in the Liberty Lake Splash because of my blog. I do not understand how my blog ended up in the newspaper. I guess because I did a post about the fall colors. It quoted me saying that "people probably think that I am a stalker, but I don't care..." GRREEATT! It also said that my self described occupation is "keeping the kids from fighting" Oh, that's Fantastic!! And to top it off, they ended the tiny little article with my blog address!! I guess I better be careful who I talk about huh?

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Pretty pictures...and I should show you how to get the spyware that shows you who is looking at your blog, so you can see if you are getting extra hits from the Splash.

Ilene said...

So funny because I just read that in the Splash this morning (we were out of town this weekend)! I don't know who did that but I can't believe they included your blog address?! I thought surely they had contacted you for permission. Amusing and creepy.

Anyone reading this care to fess up to turning Penny into the Splash?

I need to get that spyware too.

Paige said...

What you need to know about blogging is ALL press is good, because it increases your numbers! They should be high today. Congrats, you're famous.

Celia Fae said...

Hi Penny! How is your famousness? Have they plagiarized any more from you?

shauna said...

I hope they paid you more than a penny for your thoughts! --I couldn't resist.

That is wierd and cool. Oprah next? I don't think they have ever covered this amazing world of blogging.

Love your site!