Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Out of the mouth of babes...


Since this is supposed to be a type of journal for me, I had to include this story because it is so cute and is something I want to always remember.

It started out as any other trip to Albertson's and turned into a missionary moment. My mother-in-law (she is not LDS) had come for a visit from California. Her and Nathan and I went to Albertson's for a few things. As we passed by the coffee isle, my mother-in-law turned and went down the isle and we continued on. Nathan says: "Eeewww stinky coffee!" I see him looking around as we keep walking. A minute later Nathan starts yelling through the store, "Graaandmaaaa", "Graaandmaaaa" "Heavenly Father says..." I quickly put my fingers up to his lips and said, "Oh, let's not say that." Knowing where this conversation was heading. But he took my fingers from his lips and looked at me and said, "no, mom". By this time she walks up and this is the conversation that ensued:

Nathan: "Grandma, Heavenly Father says that we should not drink coffee because it is bad for our bodies."

Grandma: "I know."

Nathan: "Then why do you do it?"

Grandma: "Because it tastes good."

Nathan: "Well, you need to not drink coffee, you just need to drink juice!"

Out of the mouth of babes...

Did I mention that he just turned 4?

2 comments:

Ilene said...

Oh, that IS really cute! Way to go Nathan! That is one of those stories you definitely need to file away and bring out to embarrass him when he is going out on a date or something. This story is also evidence further proving that you are a fabulous mother :)

Jessica said...

This is so fun! I am very impressed with your blog...already very entertaining!