Sunday, March 30, 2008

Trip to Mount Spokane

In February we decided to take a drive up to Mt. Spokane for the first time since we have lived here. The drive was really pretty. The sky was clear and vibrant blue. It was a beautiful day....



The trees were packed with snow, and so was the roof of the bathroom...






Here are two of my little "angels". The other two were off on a hike with their dad...






Look at the size of this tree in comparison to my kids. I was worried the whole time that a huge hunk of snow was going to fall out of that tree and knock my family unconscience. The entire time we were up there, you continuously heard snow falling out of the trees. I guess because the sun was up and melting all the snow. It really sounded neat.





Todd pretending to throw Nathan head first into the snow...






Here's all my handsome boys





And here's my sexy husband.






See how blue the sky was and how cute the smiles were?

How could you not have a good time?!






Isn't this unreal? We saw this on the way home. And the windows were even open. Yep, there was quite a bit of snow up there!






We had a really fun time together! The kids had a blast just playing in the snow...




And needless to say, we were all exhausted on the way home...


7 comments:

Ilene said...

Yeah right Todd was pretending.

Love the roof of the bathroom.

The Hansen Clan said...

Wow! That is a crazy amount of snow... I'm so glad you had to drive to see it and that it wasn't out our front door this morning :) What happened to the fish?

Paige said...

Spokane is so pretty. Except for the snow. In April.

AMY said...

I've never been to Mt Spokane either. It looks pretty though.

Anonymous said...

Next April when it's snowing (yeah, hopefully not!) you can take the boys skiing for free skiing at 49degrees north. Aaron called in sick and we took advantage...can't find your email so here's a link to an article that might interest you...Acai is new fruit flavor
(Susan Moores, ADA Spokesperson quoted)
http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080408/COLUMNIST26/891539741/-1/ART

jessica said...

Okay first of all...that bathroom freaks me out on so many levels...

Second...my girls would have been crying after a half hour because they would be so cold.

Third...I would be crying after a 15 minutes because I was so cold.

Fourth...was there anyone who would've heard your cries if that snow would have fallen on your heads!

I'm glad you had fun!

rawemoments said...

What a great day! We had snow this weekend in Oregon - not as pretty as what you had though.

We can't wait to visit this summer.

We love you!