Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Most Important Job In The World

The most important job in the world doesn't offer an hourly wage or days off
or paid vacations.

But it does offer real feelings,



shining faces,



bedtime stories,



small victories,



priceless memories,



and many wonderful moments of joy....






I am so very blessed to have such a wonderful Mother. I am so thankful for all she does for me, for all she has taught me, for all the good advice she's given, for being my cheerleader when I really needed one, for loving and accepting me for who I am, for always being there when I have had every baby, and for helping me after, for loving my husband and kids the way the she does, for being fun to be around, for sharing my addiction to Ross, for always remembering us in her prayers, for actually wanting to live across the street from us, for always coming to visit us just to spend time with us, for working so hard, for being so faithful in the gospel, and for having a strong testimony and raising us with the gospel, so that we could have the kind of family that we were raised in.





"Motherhood is near to divinity. It is the highest, holiest service to be assumed by mankind. It places her who honors its holy calling and service next to the angels."
-The First Presidency, 1935
I am so grateful for my angel mother...


I love you Mom, Happy Mother's Day!

9 comments:

jessica said...

That was such a nice tribute. I especially love the picture of Nathan giving your mom a big squeeze. Only thing missing from this post was old school pictures of you!

Lindsey said...

WoW Your mom has great hair! Fun to see your mom so much in your life.

Lindsey said...

Pen, Jessica is coming to my house tonight to watch THE FINAL ROSE CEREMONY! Give her a call, and come along! We can all watch together!

Jessica said...

What is the triumph with Trevor? Is he sewing??

(Sorry for the happy family togetherness you had to listen to, while we planted our garden. I'm thinking of doing a post about it from Penny's point of view.)

Lindsey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

That was very!!!! sweet. Thank you, my little Penny. A mother lives for times like you depicted, and for words like in your blog. I love it!
I'm so glad you take after your dad in the taking pictures department. I only wish you could have used photoshop to make me look thinner. I look like I'm about to explode. I'm sure it must be your camera. Love Ya and can't wait to be there all the time. I hope next mother's day you will still feel this way. Mom

AMY said...

My mom and I are close too. Does she know when she's moving here?

Nice tribute. It's funny reading people's blogs during Mother's Day, everyone has the same idea. I love reading about them all.

Unknown said...

Penny I just had to comment on your blog--because its fun seeing california friends--This is Heidi Wright--I finally had my baby girl---YEAH! I was sooo excited--go check my blog out and I was excited to see yours! How is Washington?? Love ya
Heidi

Nar said...

WoW Your mom has great hair! Fun to see your mom so much in your life.

In this site very super , very usefull for me, keep develop, design also very super ,

Thanks for your information